Be sure to sign up to hear about our latest deals, promotions and industry news! We often send out credits to our customers, just like this!
What Is Mint State?
What is the Sheldon Coin Grading Scale?
The Sheldon Coin Grading Scale is a universally recognized, 70-point evaluation of a coin’s condition and value. It was initially developed by Dr. William Herbert Sheldon in 1949 to grade large cents. The Sheldon Scale stretches from 1 to 70. The greater the grade, the better the condition of the coin (and the higher the price).
What Are the Benefits of Adding Silver to Your Retirement Portfolio?
What Types of Silver Can Be Included in an IRA?
Silver can be held in what’s known as a Self-Directed IRA. This kind of IRA is like a regular IRA, but it isn’t limited to traditional assets. IRA-approved silver coins include:
- American Eagle bullion coins, 1 oz.
- American Eagle proof coins
- Australian kookaburra coins
- Australian Philharmonic coins
- Canadian Maple Leaf coins
- Mexican Silver Libertad coins
Why Transfer Your IRA to Gold?
- Gold helps diversify your retirement portfolio. Gold has had a long history of wealth.
- Gold operates as a hedge against inflation. An inflation hedge like gold can help protect your assets from diminished buying power related to a rise in the overall price of goods and services.
- Gold prices historically have moved in the opposite direction of the stock market. That said, 2020 has been an anomaly in more ways than one. In August 2020, for the first time in history, the price of gold surpassed $2,000/oz. Meanwhile, the DOW and S&P ended August lower, but still reported their best August in 36 years.
How to Add Gold & Silver to IRA?
Verify or Create Your IRA
- The IRS requires precious metals to be added to a self-directed IRA. Our first step will involve you confirming your existing IRA qualifies or opening a new IRA that does.
Fund the Account
- Roll over an existing IRA or 401(k)
- Establish a new Precious Metals IRA
Deposit Your Metals with A Custodian.
- An IRS-approved custodian bank must hold metals to an IRA. We’ll get you started with any IRS-approved custodial institution you choose. Once your account is funded, we can help you determine what type and what quantity you should purchase based on your needs and investment goals.
Strategies For Investing In Rare Coins?
- Assemble a well-balanced portfolio.
- Buy only high-quality certified coins.
- Speak with a portfolio manager
IRA Eligible Gold
- 1 oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- ½ oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- ¼ oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- 1/10 oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- 1 oz American Gold Buffalo Coins
- 1 oz Australian Gold Kangaroo Coins
- 1 oz Austrian Gold Philharmonic Coins
- 1 oz Canadian Gold Maple Leaf Coins
- 1 oz Royal Canadian Mint Gold Bars
- 1 oz UBS Gold Bars
- 50 gram Valcambi Gold CombiBars
- 1 oz Valcambi Gold Bars
- 1 oz Sunshine Mint Gold Bars
- 1 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars
- 10 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars
- 1 oz Johnson Matthey Gold Bars
Why Slab Coins?
Top Coins Worth Collecting?
- 1921 Peace Dollar
- 1878-CC Morgan Silver Dollar
- 1908 St. Gaudens Arabic Numerals No Motto
- 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter
What Does “BU” Mean?
A BU coin is a coin that has never been circulated and retains all its original mint luster. BU stands for “Brilliant Uncirculated”